httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian V." <christian.verde...@zeropiu.it>
Subject Re: De-Chunking
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:24:45 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:24:05 +0100
> "Christian V." <christian.verdelli@zeropiu.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>
>> i 'm running a third-party web service authentication module that
>> hangs when the request coming from the client is splitted out in
>> different chunks. I don't have access to the module and to the client
>> neither, so I'm thinking to write an input filter that collects all
>> the chunks and pass'em to the downstream filter or handler .
>> Is that possible?
>
> It's possible, yes.
>
> Whether it'll fix the problem for you is not certain.  I'd
> suggest starting with a quick hack (or a dechunking proxy
> in front of your server) to test it first, if you really
> can't get the source.

Maybe the Proxy will fix it but it will not be the solution, so i think
i'm gonna write the module-filter.
But i need to know how Apache handle multi chunk request, as im not able
to find this information.
Is request coming entirely to my filter in the form of bucket&brigades
then passed to down-streams module or brigades are passed down as soon
as they come? (I hope i explained it well)

Tnx a lot,
Chris.