httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian V." <christian.verde...@zeropiu.it>
Subject Re: De-Chunking
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:39:47 GMT
well,
what i see that if i use a client who sends the request without split it
in chunks the 3rd party module works, otherwise i see in the logs the
request body completely messed up! the client that fails is a Microsoft
Web service which splits the request in 1024 bytes long chunks, while
the Java client send the request in a single 5785 bytes chunk ( the
lenght of the request ) and that works !!

Chris.

Paul Fee wrote:
> [...]
not see the underlying representation (e.g. chunked or not).  However that impression may
be due to me usually working with output filter..  The same may not be the same for input
from the client.

> Also, Apache 2.2 mod_proxy has a feature to dechunk request bodies, see:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#request-bodies
>
> It sounds like your on a web server rather than a proxy, but the mod_proxy implementation
may provide you with some clues.