httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Piotr Wadas <pwa...@jewish.org.pl>
Subject how mod_authnz_ldap ldap provider is supposed to work as basic auth provider?
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:37:23 GMT
Cite from
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html

"The authn_ldap authentication provider can be enabled through the
AuthBasicProvider directive using the ldap value."

This seems clear.

Now, I looked into apache 2.2.3 source (apt-get source
apache2-mpm-prefork), into mod_auth_basic.c, lines 75-80,
and see what I get:

if (!newp->provider->check_password) {
        /* if it doesn't provide the appropriate function, reject it */
        return apr_psprintf(cmd->pool,
                            "The '%s' Authn provider doesn't support "
                            "Basic Authentication", newp->provider_name);
    }

As far as I can see, mod_authnz_ldap does not provide a check_password
routine - but it does (1167-1170)

static const authn_provider authn_ldap_provider =
{
    &authn_ldap_check_password,
};

so, the question is, how using authn_ldap_provider is suppose to work
as basic_auth provider, if it really does work for now? On the other
hand, if I look into mod_authn_file.c, I can find (lines 158-162)

static const authn_provider authn_file_provider =
{
    &check_password,
[..]

So, it seems that there's really a need for a "method" named
"check_password". Can anyone explain this to me? :)

Regards,
Piotr