httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for 2.2.4?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:40:17 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I know that Bill is looking at a release of APR and
> that alternate method would, I think, be better
> implemented in APR than directly in httpd...

Sure it can be done, but in that case it would require at
least a minor version bump.
I have a proto that uses
APR_SO_DISCONNECTED inside the apr_socket_opt_get.
It's used on win32 only, an only for sendfile.
Anyhow, I have a proposal that will solve that even.

Even if we port the APR_SO_DISCONNECTED to APR 1.2.8,
we would need to depend on that APR version, because
previous versions would behave in a different way.

Think that portback of is_socket_connected would
impose less problems.

Regards,
Mladen.