httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Win x64 build targets?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:22:06 GMT
Yes its possible with some minor effort.
You need Visual Studio 2005, perl, awk...
Open a CLI and navigate to your source tree.
Get the latest cvtdsp.pl from the svn server.
and run cvtdsp.pl -2005

You open Apache.dsw and convert it to a sln via the IDE.
You then set it to build release.
Then go to the platform dropdown (default win32) and chose Configuration
Manager.
Change the active Platform to <new>, select x64 with Copy Setttings from
Win32.
Set installbin as startup project, Edit under Configuration
Properties->NMake edit the INSTDIR variable to your liking.
Build the solution.

Note: mod_rewrite doesn't seem to work correctly for some people who use my
binaries, other experience no problem.
The platform in the Server Info string still says Win32 this can be easly
patched. (See my post to dev@httpd a while ago)

Other modules i found that work fine:
mod_auth_xml
mod_macro
mod_security 1.9.4 (2.0 doesn't work because of libxml grrr)

Hopefully this will help you... I use to have a tutorial about this that was
way better but it got outdated with the 2.2.3 release.
If you have more questions I'll try to answer them.

--
~Jorge