httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF EITO <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: Auth in Location: can one basic auth config override another?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:59:07 GMT

I don't think so. I have the following configuration running successfully:

<Location /somewhere>
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   DAV On
   AuthName "Access for somewhere"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /opt/apache-2.0.55/conf/transfer/passwd.manager

   order allow,deny
   allow from all
   Satisfy all

   Options none
   ForceType application/octet-stream

 <LimitExcept OPTIONS>
   require user manager
 </LimitExcept>
</Location>

<Location /somewhere/deeper/evendeeper>
   AuthName "Access for evendeeper"

 <LimitExcept OPTIONS>
   require user manager somebodyelse
 </LimitExcept>
</Location>

If I go to /somewhere/deeper/evendeeper I get the correct Realm presented in the browser.

Regards

Rüdiger