httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mathieu CARBONNEAUX <i...@ch2o.info>
Subject Re: [info@ch2o.info] Re: How the PHP works?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:01:23 GMT
php is an interpreter that can be embedable in many web server(and other thing) and can be
usable a command line interpreter...

and is the php team that make the embedading of php in each server...

each embeding is named sapi, and go in sapi (Serveur API) directory of PHP, and you while
see some implementation for differente serveur possible with php interpreter...

the sapi for apache are:

* apache   => apache v1 implementation

* apache2filter => apache v2 implementation as filter (see filter implementation of apache
module in apache dev docs)

* apache2handler => apache v2 implementation as handler (see handler implementation of
apache module in apache dev docs)

* apache_hooks => experimental implémentation like mod_perl, that can be abale to hook
programaticly in php all hookable hook of apache!!

all php apache implementation use hook to handler or filter to apache.

all intepreter use handler or filter hook to embed in apache...

use hook in general to make module for apache....

to know how php integration work you must anderstand how to make module in apache, and for
this go to apache dev docs...to anderstand how filter and handler hook work...

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/developer/documenting.html

Regards,
Mathieu

  _____