httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: board report due on Monday
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:25:49 GMT
Sander Temme wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2006, at 12:50 AM, Paul Querna wrote:
>
> > FWIW, mod_mbox, which you listed as dormant, has had more commits
> > in the last 6 months than the 1.3.x branch.
>
> I think the big difference is that millions of people are using 1.3
> and we do formal security releases. And how many people besides
> ourselves have mod_mbox in operation?
>
> Not a slight on mod_mbox, and I do agree that it has some activity.
> This is probably one of the reasons why Roy runs the report by us
> before sending it to the board.

I certainly (and obviously, by looking at the commits on the 1.3 branch)
keep up-to-date with 1.3, but we've always avoided adding new features
to 1.3 and simply stuck to security releases and "major" bug fixes...
So we're still supporting the 1.3 community, but not doing "active
development" on the codebase, though the 1.3 community itself is
still active (both user and developer)