httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Köhler <>
Subject Re: AW: mod_deflate and flush?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:46:57 GMT
>> Hi,
>> JSP (via mod_jk) and maybe other plugins sometimes flush the
>> connection,
>> so that the browsers receive everything that's stuck in some internal
>> buffer. Here's a quote from mod_jk's docs:
>> JkOptions     +FlushPackets
>> JkOptions FlushPackets, you ask mod_jk to flush Apache's connection
>> buffer after each AJP packet chunk received from Tomcat.
>> mod_deflate breaks that. I know the issue from ssh already.
> I know. There are some patches to fix that. These are proposed for backport to 2.2.x:

Backport to 2.2.x ? I'm still using 2.0.x - LOL.

It's not funny to see how long these very general bugs are kept alive.
This really needs a testcase in some testsuite, if there is any.

Via google, i found mails from 2003 which already complain about
"incorrect handling of flush buckets".

I wish, i had some more time and C-knowledge at the moment.

View raw message