httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Bug report for Apache httpd-2 [2006/10/08]
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:55:57 GMT

Do you mean that you just delete the bug report? I can understand that
if you're a developer looking for a new bug to fix - you simply go the
bugzilla DB and browse.

However, I was thinking more from a user perspective; the report could
be useful as a digest of recent bugs and their resolution if it were
formatted in a more readable way (recent at top) and if the Status
column were updated..

A more scary thought is that conceivably some journo, using this report
as his sole input text, might write an article whose first para goes
something like, "As revealed in secret internal documents, the popular
Apache webserver has over seven hundred bugs - some, such as one
affecting the security-critical suexec mechanism, date from April 2002!"

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> <snip>
> > It's just a database result.  Bear in mind that some old
> bugs really *should*
> > be fixed (e.g. bug 17629).  But many others are left open
> for altogether
> > different reasons:
> <snip>
> >
> > That's the bottom line of what makes a flat list like this
> useless, IMO.
>
> It seems that what would be useful is a summary of counts by
> type and a
> list of those bugs whose status has changed ?
>

> --
> --gh

the sender's company.