httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF EITO <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: [Fwd: Re: Apache 2.2.3 mod_proxy issue]
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:56:24 GMT

I am a regexp fan and have mod_rewrite loaded in any of our servers anyway
for some standard tasks, so this actually does not bother me :-).
But of course there are other users as well and using and understanding
regular expressions is not always easy and straight forward. So your proposal makes sense
to me. OTOH AFAIK we currently only have two types of matching through httpd:

1. Prefix matching as in ProxyPass, Location, ....
2. Regular expressions as in mod_rewrite, LocationMatch, FilesMatch, ....

So this wildcard matching type would be something new.

Regards

Rüdiger