httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <>
Subject Re: httpd 2.2 cache - disable and enable
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 03:16:04 GMT

On 10/11/06 11:11 AM, "Colm MacCarthaigh" <> wrote:
 somebody have more preferences to one method ?
> I'd be -1 to anything that needed to perform a regular expression test
> to check the cache, it'd be a huge CPU hit on something that we're
> supposed to be doing as quickly as possible.

It's not a very large performance hit to do a regex on almost every request.
We do it on some of our sites, as our hacked version of mod_cache allows
regex matches.  (in fact, all of are matches use the provider mechanism -
all providers are "resolved" at config time, not per request).

Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer
Turner Digital Media Technologies

View raw message