httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r468373 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/cache/mod_cache.c modules/cache/mod_cache.h modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.c modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.h modules/cache/mod_mem_cache.c
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:09:58 GMT
On 10/30/06, Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net> wrote:
>   Can you clarify the above a bit?  I don't understand what you're
> referring to.  Looking at the 2.2.3 tag, what versioning is currently in
> place?

Look at disk_cache_register_hook.

    /* cache initializer */
    ap_register_provider(p, CACHE_PROVIDER_GROUP, "disk", "0",
                         &cache_disk_provider);

The "0" is the version string with the cache_disk_provider vtable
acting as the 0 version..

When we have a new cache provider version (i.e. the vtable changes),
that gets bumped up to "1".  Then, mod_cache can select a "0" or
"1"-class backend.  Preferably, it should be able to use both; but
trunk would prefer "1" and fallback to "0" if it's not available.

HTH.  -- justin