httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_disk_cache summarization
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:51:53 GMT
On Tue, October 24, 2006 5:32 pm, Davi Arnaut wrote:

> 1) we have two cache file extensions, one for fully cached entities
> (.cache) and other for transient (being cached) entities (.transient)
> 2) and that we store the headers with cache the file as an extended
> attribute
> 3) we write an extended attribute identifying the master (the one that
> is downloading the entity) thread
> 4) we have a file events notification mechanism
> 5) every cache entity has a 32-bit cache-id

We could just write the process ID of the process/thread that created the
header file, inside the header file. If a following process hits a
timeout, it says "does the pid still exist of the master? no? invalidate
the entry".

In fact, it's seeming sane to me for any reading process that times out on
read, to just invalidate the entry on timeout.

This doesn't seem to me to be a difficult problem to solve.

Regards,
Graham