httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cache API visibility (was Re: svn commit: r468373...)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:58:13 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> I keep seeing people talk about the mod_cache interface as an
> externally-visible API for which we must maintain API/ABI compatibility.
> But mod_cache.h is not installed, so this API is not actually exposed
> externally, and never has been.

Uhm - it's our front for an extensible schema - we CANNOT go breaking
those sorts of things.

Even if it's mod_propritary (and no, I don't have one, but...) we can't
go on assuming nobody is extending our frameworks outside the project.

> Given that fact I don't see the point in jumping through hoops to
> maintain backwards API compat, only two modules use the API.

I don't either.  Let's get this fixed and roll 2.4.  EOS
(end of showstopper)

Bill