httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: mod_deflate and flush?
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 23:19:20 GMT

On 10/29/2006 11:41 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 23:21 +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>

>>>Backport to 2.2.x ? I'm still using 2.0.x - LOL.
>>
>>Have you tried to apply the patches for 2.2.x to 2.0.x? I haven't tried so, but
>>I think mod_deflate has not changed that much between 2.2.x and 2.0.x, so that
>>might work. If you do so please report back, such that the patches can be proposed
>>for backport to 2.0.x.
>

> FWIW, I think mod_deflate 2.2 can be dropped in to 2.0 (source,
> not binary, of course).  But it does contain a very significant
> change: the inflate output filter.

Thanks for this hint. As I splitted my patches in changes for the deflate output
and the inflate output filter and the deflate output filter changes need to get
in first this can also work with 2.0.x :-).

Just checked on applying

http://people.apache.org/~rpluem/patches/mod_deflate_rework/deflate_output.diff

to 2.0.x which had two failures. They are fixed in

http://people.apache.org/~rpluem/patches/mod_deflate_rework/2.0.x/deflate_2.0.x.diff

which applies cleanly to 2.0.x and compiles. Maybe Sven should just try the one
above.

Regards

RĂ¼diger