httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Apache 2.2.3 mod_proxy issue]
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:07:10 GMT

On 10/29/2006 05:42 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>

>> I guess we should create a directive like DefineWorker (I do not
>> really care about
>> the exact name), that enables the administrator to define / create a
>> worker.
>

> Then you can easily just use
> <Proxy ajp://localhost:8009>
>    ProxySet ...
> </Proxy>
>
> It will define a 'known' worker.
> There is no need for an additional directive.

Yes, this idea came also up to me after sending the mail.
It seems to be an acceptable solution for this problem, but
we should really add ProxySet to the documentation to make this
more obvious to other people :-).
Furthermore I think there should be some hints that mod_rewrite
proxy requests will use the default worker (which has no pooling)
if the worker is not defined explicitly.

Regards

RĂ¼diger