httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_cache summary and plan
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:03:30 GMT
Davi Arnaut wrote:

> I've just described that. Maybe my English was poor in the e-mail.

Your English is spot on, unfortunately the aggressive nature of your
email isn't.

You are not going to bully anybody on this list into accepting any
patch, it's not how this project works.

It is quite clear to me that you are upset that your patches were not
accepted as is. Unfortunately your patches break existing compliance
with RFC2616 in the cache, and in the process introduce a significant
performance penalty. This has been pointed out to you before, and not
just by me.

Your recent comments on patches contributed have made it clear that you
neither understand the patches so committed, nor have you actually run
the code in question. I respectfully request you fix both these issues
before continuing any work on this cache.

Regards,
Graham