httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Apache 2.2.3 mod_proxy issue]
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:15:57 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> I guess we should create a directive like DefineWorker (I do not really care about
> the exact name), that enables the administrator to define / create a worker.
> That would be really handy for mod_rewrite as in the reverse proxy case the number of
> different backend targets are usually limited and known to the administrator.
> This would avoid the need for nasty tricks like "pseudo balancers" with only one member.

Sounds good.

On a related note, our practice with mod_jk is to route only *.jsp,
/servlet/*, and a few other URL patterns to Tomcat and let Apache handle
everything else.  We also want to support load balancing with sticky
sessions, of course.

That combination is pretty easy and straightforward with mod_jk.  It has
been *baffling* with mod_proxy_ajp.  Perhaps we just haven't spent long
enough on mod_rewrite, etc, but so far we're not getting anywhere...

--
Jess Holle