httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r467655 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_cache.xml modules/cache/mod_cache.c modules/cache/mod_cache.h
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:06:16 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> Thats not going to be possible until 3.0. Good luck :)

Paul's right.  The next expectiation we break, that a protocol spends it's
life on a single thread.  That is really a 3.0 magnitude change because it
will break modules in a major way.

Then, the final expectation to break is that a -request- spends it's life on
a given thread.  That's earth shattering to developers, and really is beyond
the 3.0 release (if we want to see 3.0 adopted in the next few years).