httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Estrade <mestr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpd 2.2 cache - disable and enable
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:15:48 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 05:04:21PM +0200, Matthieu Estrade wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to make disable and enable work with regular expression.
>> Something like CacheDisableMatch and CacheEnableMatch or working with
>> location tags.
>>
>> Does somebody have more preferences to one method ?
>>

> I'd be -1 to anything that needed to perform a regular expression test
> to check the cache, it'd be a huge CPU hit on something that we're
> supposed to be doing as quickly as possible.

I agree on this point, but people using this directive choose to loose
time on this regexp check.
The problem i have is many people wants to enable cache on .gif and
.jpeg and .pdf, but they don't know the exact path.
Actually, they have to maintain a list of url to be cached or not cached.
With these two directives, or a LocationMatch tag (which is also some
regexp check) they can do this.