httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <>
Subject Re: ROADMAP for mod_cache
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:46:51 GMT
On Fri, October 27, 2006 6:36 pm, Paul Querna wrote:

> I think we have had enough -1s passed over the last couple days related
> to mod_cache, that it indicates there is not a consensus on what should
> be done, nor on how it should be done.
> I think we need to stop committing code for a couple days, and try to
> make a rudimentary plan for the intended changes to mod_cache, and try
> to gather some kind of consensus on them, rather than continuing down
> the path of -1s and long ass mailing list threads.
> Thoughts?

An option raised earlier in these threads was to use the cache framework
that we have, and simply define another cache type, say

The issues related to the experiences of Brian and Niklas show that maybe
one size doesn't fit all.

It will also make a base for effective comparison between caching strategies.

View raw message