httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r468373 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/cache/mod_cache.c modules/cache/mod_cache.h modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.c modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.h modules/cache/mod_mem_cache.c
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:22:17 GMT
On Fri, October 27, 2006 6:00 pm, Joe Orton wrote:

>> Err. We had the data in memory, we are going to read it back from disk
>> again just in order to not block ? That's nonsense.
>
> Agreed.

Please explain.

This is a disk cache. Why would you write expensive bucket data to cache,
and then expensive bucket data to the network?

That's plain stupid.

>> We don't need a special bucket type!
>
> Agreed.  So -1 on this, on r462696, and on r450105.

Sigh. So not only have you not reviewed the code, you have not reviewed
the comment in CHANGES either. r450105 was reversed by this patch.

I'm afraid we do need a special bucket type.

The current file bucket type does not currently have the ability to
support the same fd across multiple buckets. Sure you can split one bucket
to make two, but you cannot make two file buckets out of one fd without
some low level hocus pocus.

Regards,
Graham