httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: AW: [Fwd: Re: Apache 2.2.3 mod_proxy issue]
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:59:14 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Maybe I am just missing the important point, but I think total
> req-per-sec and round trip time are coupled to some limit.

They are coupled, of course. The question is whether the additional
overhead of a full regex is "noticable" for a dynamic request,
and the answer is "not really." But if the question is whether
it's noticable when looking at the request handling capability
of the system in total (ala, rps) then the answer is "Yes, of
course."

As an example, a simple benchmark of Alias vs mod_rewrite to do basic
URL "aliasing" clearly shows this...