httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: AW: [Fwd: Re: Apache 2.2.3 mod_proxy issue]
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:04:34 GMT
> I am a regexp fan and have mod_rewrite loaded in any of our servers =
> anyway
> for some standard tasks, so this actually does not bother me :-).

My "concern" is that the proxy-selection and operation should be
fast, as fast a possible, and mod_rewrite simply isn't the fastest
puppy in the world. Avoiding full-blown regex in ProxyPass allows
for nice pattern matching (globbing) without the overhead of
a full regex engine... fast fast fast should be the name of
the game.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]