httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: httpd 2.2 cache - disable and enable
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:11:30 GMT
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 05:04:21PM +0200, Matthieu Estrade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make disable and enable work with regular expression.
> Something like CacheDisableMatch and CacheEnableMatch or working with
> location tags.
>
> Does somebody have more preferences to one method ?

I'd be -1 to anything that needed to perform a regular expression test
to check the cache, it'd be a huge CPU hit on something that we're
supposed to be doing as quickly as possible.

If the regex can be applied only at cache time, then sure, but that's
pretty hard to achieve! I think it would end up with the cache being
checked for every URI served.

As for implementation, I had a patch about a year ago to make
CacheEnable work within regular <Location> and <LocationMatch> tags,
can't find it right now though, and it'd be widly out of date, but iirc
they can be made work together.