httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: AuthProviderAlias and mod_authn_file
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:07:14 GMT

On Sep 5, 2006, at 11:49, Brad Nicholes wrote:

>    So it sounds like there are two questions being asked.  First,
> what non-ldap usages are there for authnAlias and second why
> doesn't the configuration below work?
>
>    I'll answer the second question first.  Given the configuration
> block below, I don't know why it doesn't work.  I just retested the
> same configuration and everything worked as expected.  The only
> issue that I see is setting 'AuthBasicAuthoritative off'.  Since
> there doesn't appear to be any other authentication type specified
> (ie. digest), this directive should either be set to 'on' or
> removed and left as default (which is also 'on').  The error
> message that is showing up in the error_log is a result of the
> default authn handler being hit as a last resort with no auth type
> set as default.  BTW, given the configuration below, I was also
> unable to duplicate the error message even with
> AuthBasicAuthoritative set to 'on' which implies that there is
> probably some other auth configuration somewhere that is conflicting.
>>>

>>> <AuthnProviderAlias file file1>
>>>     AuthUserFile /tmp/auth1
>>> </AuthnProviderAlias>
>>>
>>> <AuthnProviderAlias file file2>
>>>     AuthUserFile /tmp/auth2
>>> </AuthnProviderAlias>
>>>
>>>     <Directory /usr/local/apache/vhosts/drbacchus/x>
>>>         AuthType Basic
>>>         AuthName 'wooga'
>>>         AuthBasicProvider file1 file2
>>>
>>>         Require valid-user
>>>     </Directory>

I tried this config, minus the "AuthAuthoritative" line, on a freshly-
installed server, and it operated as desired. Thanks for the assistance.

Now I need to figure out what is conflicting on the other server. But
at least I know it works. Thanks.

--
They went to sea in a sieve, they did
In a sieve they went to see