httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r450105 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.c modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.h
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:41:11 GMT
On Wed, September 27, 2006 2:31 pm, Joe Orton wrote:

> The new approach is exactly the same for other bucket types, FILE should
> not be treated as special just to avoid that.  Other bucket types will
> cause the same memory consumption issue (notably CGI/PIPE).

I looked at this issue, but I could not see a bucket type that would
typically hold more data in one bucket than available RAM (unless I am
missing the behaviour of one of the bucket types, which is also likely).

The ideal solution so far seems to be to follow Niklas' strategy of
supporting read-while-cache, and then to write the cache file in parallel
using the copy_body method. Bodies are then copied in parallel regardless
of bucket type.

Regards,
Graham