httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Apache 2.x perf degradation on large downloads on Windows
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:08:29 GMT
I'm seeing what appears to be really severe performance degradation
during the course of really large downloads (e.g. 800MBs) on Windows
Apache's -- both 2.0.x (recent builds) and 2.2.3.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is this just a lack of tuning?  If so,
pointers would be appreciated.

Note we're using:

    SendBufferSize 16384

and

    EnableSendfile Off

Before blaming the latter setting, however, I should point out that the
problem we're seeing exists both for this case with simple static file
downloads and for dynamic downloads through mod_jk and Tomcat (we've
only tested this case with 2.0.x).  The latter case is actually our real
issue, but unless/until static file downloads don't show this
degradation there seems to be little point in chasing the (more complex)
dynamic case.

--
Jess Holle