httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: mod_cache responsibilities vs mod_xxx_cache provider responsibilities
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:23:17 GMT

Brian Akins wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>> I don't understand why bother getting so complex.  Touch/truncate the
>> body file when storing the header, and then a missing body means things
>> have gone amok - retry the request.  Conversely, a zero-length, or < C-L
>> body length means another thread is working on the body.
>>

> unless 0 is a valid content-length, which it can be.

In that case, we'll know that from having read the header file.
Frankly, in that case we don't even need to look for a data file, as an
optimization, and can even probably safely delete the empty file.

> Also, what about
> when we are reading something in without a know C-L, for example from an
> origin doing chunks?

We'll know it's chunked, and the possibility of getting a chunked body
of 0 length and not having the initial 0 chunk length immediately
following the headers from the response is pretty slim, IMHO.

For any other length we don't introduce any problem we don't have now.