httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <brian.ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: mod_cache responsibilities vs mod_xxx_cache provider responsibilities
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:31:51 GMT
Issac Goldstand wrote:
   I can see how other tracking information (like how often the
> cached entity is accessed, last access time, etc) would be useful,
> albeit expensive to keep track of, but I don't understand this specific
> example.

It's not expensive, as these methods are only called when an object to
added or deleted, which is relatively few if you get good cache hit ratio.

There are instances when you need to "purge" url's selectively.   Think
a publishing system that automatically purges cache for updated pages,
for example.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer