httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: mod_cache responsibilities vs mod_xxx_cache provider responsibilities
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:29:07 GMT

Brian Akins wrote:
> Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
>

>> Extra tracking sounds unnecessary if you can do it in a way that
>> doesn't need it.
>
> It's not "extra" it just adding some tracking.  When an objects gets
> cached log (sql, db, whatever) that /blah/foo/bar.html is cached as
> /cache/x/y/something.meta.  Then it's very easy to ask the "store" what
> is /blah/foo/bar.html cached as?  There may be multiples because of vary.

You can do that now, though it may not be a "public" method.  Most
methods (create_entity, open_entity, etc) currently take the cache key
(generally the URL, but it any cae, it's what we'd be querying the store
for).  I can see how other tracking information (like how often the
cached entity is accessed, last access time, etc) would be useful,
albeit expensive to keep track of, but I don't understand this specific
example.

 Issac