httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: load balancer and http(s) sticky sessions
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:23:08 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> There is a lot of confusion where the users think that
> simply adding the stickysession param to the http worker
> attribute *adds* the required sticky session info (cookie).
>
> I'm looking into adding functionality that actually
> does that and therefore avoiding this large and common
> misconception.

Hmm, the stickysession param sets the sticky session
parser for the session affinity mark.
In case you wish to generate session affinity marks
by yourself you must assure to filter the incoming cookie
from backend and replace the existing one if present, as
well as add it if not.
The url encoded sticky sessions can not be used in that
way thought, because the backend itself should encode
all inbound urls for things like forms etc.

Regards,
Mladen.