httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r442758 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/generators: mod_cgi.c mod_cgid.c
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:21:33 GMT

On 09/13/2006 10:17 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 September 2006 20:33, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>

>>Wouldn't it make sense to return OK even if rv != APR_SUCCESS in the case
>>that c->aborted is set, just like in the default handler?
>

> I'm not sure.  Presumably if c->aborted is set, then we have no client
> to respond to, so this is just about housekeeping and what ends up
> in the logs.  Do we want to log a successful POST or PUT when it wasn't?

I guess currently this is a problem, because no meaningful r->status value is set
by the core network filters in the case that c->aborted comes true. In the case of
a timeout this could be a 408. I am not sure about the correct code if the network
connection is just closed by the client. Any RFC guru an idea?
OTH I am not sure if returning an INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR is correct either when the
client aborted the connection.

Regards

RĂ¼diger