httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject why does ap_invoke_handler init input filters?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:03:38 GMT
Hi all,
  I've been trying to solve my confusion on the exact order of hooks and
filters being invoked inside an HTTP request, and was wondering why
ap_invoke_filter_init(r->input_filters) is called inside of
ap_invoke_handler (server/config.c:338) ?

I can understand initializing output filters at this point, but input
filters that want to work with the request headers would have been
inserted at the create_request hook (and invoked by the time we got to
post_read_request and the quick-handler, let alone the response
handler), so what are we really trying to initialize at this point?

Thanks for the insight,
  Issac