httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r450105 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.c modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.h
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:31:05 GMT
On Wed, September 27, 2006 11:37 am, Joe Orton wrote:

> I don't get it - as discussed, this approach is completely unsound.
> There is no reason to assume it's possible to copy the entire content
> into the cache before sending anything to the client just because it
> happens to be a FILE bucket (think slow NFS servers).  That is something
> which needs to be *fixed*, not explicitly hard-coded.

The previous approach, which was to attempt to load the entire file into
RAM, resulting in a segfault - that was completely unsound. Fixing the
segfault is way more important than the effect of a potentially slow NFS
server.

You are right - this problem needs to be fixed - but this problem's fix
isn't a simple one that can be applied in one patch.

Regards,
Graham