httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: suexec for directories
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:33:38 GMT
On Tue, September 12, 2006 5:26 pm, Ben Charlton wrote:

> One of the things we'd like to do is lock down PHP so that we're no
> longer using mod_php running all as one user, and this means using
> cgi mode under suexec. The kicker is that we can't use a separate vhost
> for each department/publishing group for various political reasons.

You could use a single vhost per department/publishing group on a private
localhost webserver install (or multiple private localhost installs), and
then "switch in" each vhost into your mail website wherever it needs to
live using ProxyPass and mod_proxy_http.

You would only need do this for departments actually using php, which in
theory wouldn't be the default, and your departments will not even see
this is happening.

Regards,
Graham