httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Regexp-based rewriting for mod_headers?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:59:12 GMT
On Friday 29 September 2006 15:45, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> My only comment about the patch itself is I'm not overly thrilled
> about recursively processing matches, simply because every time we
> recurse we allocate an entire new string to hold the entire results,
> which seems wasteful.  But on the other hand, any other solution would
> probably be much more complex, and we're not talking about that many
> levels of recursion in any sane configureation, so hey, whatever.
>
> -garrett

I wasn't sure about that myself: a once-only match might be better.

It's actually something of a cop-out for dealing with headers-fixup being
called multiple times over things like mod_dir/mod_negotiation internal
redirects, leading to it being applied an indeterminate number of times.
The alternative is to save state there.

--
Nick Kew