httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Regexp-based rewriting for mod_headers?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:11:29 GMT
On Thursday 28 September 2006 18:29, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 9/28/06, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> > We have a problem with DAV + SSL hardware.
> > It appears to be the issue described in
> > http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-03/0549.shtml
> >
> > It seems to me that the ability to rewrite a request header
> > will fix that.  As a generic fix, I've patched mod_headers
> > to support regexp-based rewriting of arbitrary headers.
> >
> > Please review.  If people like this (or if noone objects and I
> > find the time), I'll document it and commit to /trunk/.
>
> The patch seems reasonable, but I've never messed with mod_headers, so
> bear with me.  It should let you do something like:
>
> Header edit <header> <regex> <replace-string>

Exactly (and support mod_headers's optional cond var).

> Right?  Could you provide an example so I can confirm that it's
> working correctly?

The example that fixes the DAV problem above can be stated as

  RequestHeader edit Destination ^https: http:

Otherwise, one can dream up mod_rewrite like cases; e.g.
(modulo line wrap)

  Header edit Location ^http://([a-z0-9-]+)\.example\.com/
						http://example.com/$1/

(not sure if that makes sense, but you get my meaning:-)

--
Nick Kew