httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Widespread confusion of apr_status_t and int values
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:43:25 GMT
PR#31579 identified a bug with the default handler returning apr_status_t
values.  That was fixed.

But we have people reporting that the bug is not fixed.  What they're seeing
is the same bug elsewhere.  I just hacked up a fix in mod_cgi and mod_cgid,
which we've been discussing here over the last couple of days.  It's also
in mod_proxy (specifically, proxy_http - I didn't look elsewhere),
in both 2.0.x and trunk.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to find it in other
content generators.

I'm wondering if this would be working around one level up in the core.
If a handler returns a value that's not OK/DECLINED and is out of range
for HTTP, then return 500 to the client, and log a "buggy content
generator" message to error_log.

Thoughts?

--
Nick Kew