httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Smedley" <pau...@smedleydot.info>
Subject modphp problems with file >=64k
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 02:27:45 GMT
Hi Guys,

I'm maintaining OS/2 versions of Apache2 and PHP5.  They work nicely,
except for some issues in modphp which I've thus far been unable to
root cause.

Last night I made some progress in diagnosing the problems.

I got a testcase testbuffer.php as follows:
<?php
$infile = "block.htm";
$fh = fopen($infile,"r");
$buff = fread($fh,65536);
fclose($infile);
echo $buff;
?>

block.html is a file containing htm code that is ~70k in size.

Using cgi php this works fine - but with modphp, all I get in the
browser is a page with a 0 as the only character rendered.

If 65535 is used in place of 65536 it works fine.  It seems something
has a problem at 64k.

Tracing through some code, the difference between the working and
non-working example is that in the non-working example, ap_rwrite
fails here:
    if (r->connection->aborted)
        return -1;

The initial ap_rwrite is called with length 65536 and returns a valid
success return code.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

PHP and Apache2 built with the EMX compiler (gcc 2.8.1) don't have
this problem, I'm using a newer GCC 3.3.5.  I've compared apr.h and
apu.h and there are no significant differences in #defines between gcc
2.8.1 & 3.3.5 that I would think could explain this behaviour :(

Any ideas are appreciated!
--
Cheers,

Paul.