httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Fenlason, Josh" <jfenla...@ptc.com>
Subject Apache with SSL Problem
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:53:53 GMT
I'm running into a strange problem running Apache 2.0.59 with SSL on
Windows 2003.  I built it with Visual Studio 2005.  It runs fine without
SSL.  When I try to startup with SSL enabled, it tries to startup for
several seconds and then stops.  Nothing useful is output to the logs or
console.  It binds to the HTTP and HTTPS ports while it's trying to
startup.  The best I've been able to narrow this down to so far is that
it works when .Net 2.0 Framework is installed and it doesn't when .Net
2.0 Framework is uninstalled.  I've opened Apache.exe with
DependecyWalker, to see if there are any dll issues, and as far as I can
tell the output is the same when Apache works and doesn't work.
Has anyone else had any issues running Apache with SSL built with VS
2005?  I'm building a redistributable binary and don't want to require
installing .Net 2.0 Framework in order to use my Apache.  If anyone has
any thoughts or suggestions, I would be extremely grateful.  Thanks in
advance.
,
Josh.