httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Shanti Subramanyam <Shanti.Subraman...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: porstfs bug t2000 and 2.2
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:00:31 GMT

Yes - there are issues with Apache on Solaris 10 when using SSL (nothing
to do with the T2000). We currently have two bugs outstanding :
    http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6375348
    http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6374503

In our testing, this causes about a 10-12% performance degradation, but
is not specific to Apache 2.2.If you run apache as root, there is no
degradation at all and should see improved performance with the T2000
crypto hardware.

As you correctly point out, the event port bug has been fixed so make
sure that your T2000 box has this patch.

We have just released 'Cool Stack' - optimized versions of apache and
other common OSS apps for SPARC (x86 coming soon). Please see
http://cooltools.sunsource.net/coolstack to download.

Shanti
PAE, Sun Microsystems