httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to detect the mpm used via apxs?
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:04:19 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>> /path/to/apxs -q MPM_NAME
>> That was exactly what I needed.
>
> Well, that wouldn't exactly tell you that 'classic' mpm works exactly
> (rather than very close to) prefork.  Anyone can write an mpm.
>
> ap_mpm_query() was made to answer such questions, and creates you a module
> if you test at run-time that will load in either an unthreaded or threaded,
> forked or not forked server.

I know that, but I need a way for mod_jk to set the default
-DJK_PREFORK in case the mpm compiled is prefork just like for
httpd 1.3 without the need for --enable-prefork configure flag.

If however ap_mpm_query() returns the non prefork and the module
is compiled with -DJK_PREFORK it will fail to load with error
message.

Regards,
Mladen.