httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Silvio Mazzaro <mazz...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Tracking CGI Exec Calls
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:46:46 GMT
Guy Hulbert wrote:

> What is the problem you are trying to solve ?

I'd like to know who's using sendmail from the Web.

> This is a hint ... do you want to prevent CGI scripts from calling
> sendmail ?

No, It's important for my users to use sendmail from their applications,
but I'd like to control it to avoid spamming problems.

> I don't think there is anything better than 'strace' (except 'dtrace' on
> solaris) but I have not tried using either.

Perhaps It is possible to track system calls from mod_perl, but I'm
still studying it... I'll let you know if I find (or someone on this
list) a better solution then 'strace'.

Thank you,

Silvio Mazzaro