httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] product name - for shipping versions
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:26:23 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Roy would prefer we determine the active consensus.  Please vote for what
> you believe is the principal, proper name of the product we create from
> the sources located in the http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/
> repository (vote for one);
>
> This reflects the name of the -current releases- only, we aren't asking you to
> choose (or add) your desired name for -future versions-.
>
>  httpd                fielding (implicit)
>  Apache httpd
>  Apache httpd Server
>  Apache HTTP Server   wrowe, nd, sctemme, maxime
>  Apache               niq (implicit)

Pretty darned quiet - either "it's summer" or nobody feels like joining the fray
when Roy and Will go at it?

In any case, although I don't disagree with niq that almost everyone knows this
as 'Apache', that isn't/cannot be our product name, and I think just about all
here would agree.  The clever Apache Web Server was interesting, but in the
archives that was considered/eliminated on several occasions in the past.