httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: mod_define ported to httpd 2.0/2.2
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:35:59 GMT
On Friday 25 August 2006 14:05, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I'm +0 about it, but I agree that I'd like to see
> the package 1st :)
>
> I've never been a fan of mod_define, seeing mod_macro (as
> Jorge seems to think as well) as much more useful...

Agreed, mod_macro is *the* configuration module:-)

> check
> out some of my OLD Apache PPTs from the 1st ApacheCons ;)
> My main issue with mod_define is that there always seemed to
> be such potential for issues and conflicts, esp when you
> have rewrite rules, etc...

The argument in favour is that we do periodically get requests
for variable interpolation in various directives.  A general framework
would have some value.  But to be really useful, it'll have
to deal with both config-time and request-time interpolation
without confusing the hell out of the lusers.  And probably
other issues I haven't thought about.

--
Nick Kew