httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r429879 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:17:15 GMT
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:27:25PM -0000, niq@apache.org wrote:
> Author: niq
> Date: Tue Aug  8 16:27:25 2006
> New Revision: 429879

> Log:
> PR#38448: don't URLencode tilde in path component

There is a standard for changelog entries which is being ignored a lot
lately.  It goes:

<description of change>

PR: <number>
Obtained from: <origin of copied code>
Submitted by: <author of patch if not the committer>
Reviewed by: <reviewers if this is an RTC branch>

with N/A fields deleted.  It is particularly bad form to be committing
patches written by other people without crediting them appropriately in
the commit message itself.

> On reflection, this patch makes sense (since the URL spec got updated), and it's trivial.

I don't like seeing this chatty stuff in changelogs either - it lasts
forever in the svn log and adds nothing.  Add that to the PR or on the
list.  The commit message should just describe the change.

Regards,

joe