httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <jzo...@heute-morgen.de>
Subject ap_core_output_filter returns APR_SUCCESS on error
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:08:17 GMT
Hi.

The core output filter is doing the following if the client unexpectedly
closes the connection:

  if (rv != APR_SUCCESS) {
       ap_log_cerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_INFO, rv, c,
                     "core_output_filter: writing data to the network");

         ... cleanup

      /* The client has aborted, but the request was successful.We
       * will report success, and leave it to the access and error
       * logs to note that the connection was aborted.
       */
      return APR_SUCCESS;
  }

Unfortunately my upstream filter does not read the logs. How else can I
find out there was this error from an upstream filter? I am doing a SAX
parser module (mod_expat) and I want it to be able to handle large
amounts of data. If there are some 100M of data ahead, the parser should
stop if a client closes the connection.

Or is it possible to change the above return to an error value? It looks
wrong to me anyway, but I think this was done for a reason.

Sincerely,
Joachim