Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:47:15AM -0500, Jess Holle wrote:

So what's the story with IPv6 on Windows?

Works fine in every version of windows since 2000, although 2000 itself
needs a kit and patching installed.

Great.  That covers all versions of Windows my employer cares about, so we can build our Apache with IPv6 always enabled.
Are there some versions of Windows which always support it, but the
headers we use for Windows don't detect this at build time?

We don't use an autoconf-like system on Windows, so although we could
detect this at build time, it's just something which has been left as a
build option.

I knew that but was wondering if there was some #if magic based on OS level defines instead.  I can see why there is not, though -- that would result in requiring an older OS to build an Apache that is compatible with the older OS.
We bundle our own Apache builds for a number of Windows OS levels and
have customers who really want IPv6...  I don't want to break anything
for the rest of the customers, though.

That's at your own risk :-)

Obviously :-)

By "break anything" I meant that it should still work despite the fact that they're actually only using IPv4, etc -- not that this would not uncover a bug -- which is always a risk.

--
Jess Holle